Sunday, June 07, 2009

Back On The Road




Finally, my Evans voucher arrived and I popped over to the store to pick up the new steel stead. With hindsight, I should have perhaps got the voucher for a bigger amount, as it's not often you get the opportunity to buy what you want in a bike shop, effectively at half-price with six months to pay it off. In the end I contented myself with a new lock and some SPD pedals.

I've also added a Brook's B-17 saddle, as per Purple Traveller's advice. Bit early to tell yet, although I'm sure we'll be very happy together. If nothing else, I think it makes the bike look a lot nicer (you may remember I wasn't sold it's appearance) and it complements the ace, Carradice Barley saddlebag I've bought.

After 4 months or so, off the road, I have to admit I'd forgotten the sheer joy of cycling, even if it was on a clogged up, drizzly Euston Road. I'll take it out for a proper spin over the next few weeks and let you know how it is.

3 comments:

baz carter said...

You cant go wrong with a B17, I've had two the last got stolen so look after it!

matt said...

I was slipping off it a bit this morning, but a bit of research on t'interweb reveals that's because I've got it tipped forward at the moment.

Handy to know about them being desirable to thieves, I'm sure there must be some kind of securing device I can buy.

baz carter said...

They are shiny when new! Once you've broken it in you'll have some play on how you tip it.